Xikang is a senior member of DaHui Lawyers’ Capital Markets and M&A practice groups. He has extensive experience practicing law at prominent international law firms and in a leading global investment bank, advising on capital markets and M&A transactions in China, the United States and Hong Kong. Xikang’s practice also covers on compliance, general corporate, private equity and venture capital financing matters. He regularly advises public companies, their management and boards of directors on corporate governance and regulatory compliance matters in connection with issues arising under US and China securities laws. He also regularly represents Chinese corporate clients in their securities transactions, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint venture and outbound investment transactions, as well as early-stage companies in their financing transactions.
Prior to joining DaHui, Xikang was Executive Director of Goldman Sachs in China, where he worked closely with the business leadership and participated many onshore and offshore investment banking transactions for Chinese companies.
Xikang’s selected representations include:
Capital Markets: IPO/Equity Offering/Debt Offering
- Advised Morgan Stanley, China International Capital Corp. and other underwriters in connection with the HK$19.5 billion initial public offering and Rule 144A/Regulation S offering by Metallurgical Corporation of China on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Advised Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse in connection with the HK$1.74 billion initial public offering and Rule 144A/Regulation S offering by China Shanshui Cement Group Limited on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Advised China Mass Media International Advertising Corp. in connection with its US$50 million initial public offering and NYSE listing
- Advised a leading Chinese regional supermarket chain in connection with its initial public offering and NASDAQ listing
- Advised Chardan Capital Markets, LLC and other placement agents in connection with the initial public offering and NASDAQ listing of a leading crude salt and bromine company in China
- Advised Solarfun Power Holdings Co., Ltd. in connection with its offering of US$172.5 million 3.50% convertible senior notes
M&A, Joint Venture, Venture Capital Financing and Going Private
- Advised a Beijing-based film company in connection with the formation of a joint venture company with a media group listed on NASDAQ
- Advised a Hong Kong-based private equity firm in connection with the proposed acquisition of 51% of the outstanding stock of a media group listed on NASDAQ
- Advised the buyer group consortium in a going-private transaction with a leading educational services provider in China
- Advised Yongye International, Inc., a leading Chinese agricultural nutrient company listed on NASDAQ, in connection with the US$50 million equity investment by Morgan Stanley Private Equity Asia
- Advised a Chinese aviation company in its acquisition of a European airplane components manufacturing company
- Advised a number of China-based companies in connection with their proposed initial public offerings and reverse merger transactions, including representations of a leading sportswear manufacturer based in Fujian, a holding company for an operator of a franchise foot massage spas and a leading regional dairy company, etc.
Corporate Compliance and Investigation Matters
- Advised a large number of China-based companies and their affiliates in connection with the SEC filings under the 34 Act and certain corporate governance matters, including advising Guangshen Railway Company Limited, Qiao Xing Mobile Communication Co., Ltd., China Media Express Holdings, Inc., China Net Online Holdings, Inc., China Power Equipment Inc., Cogo Group, Inc., Gulf Resources, Inc., QKL Stores Inc. and Sino Clean Energy, Inc.
- Advised a China-based, NASDAQ-listed automobile company and its officers in connection with an investigation initiated by the SEC
- Advised a media company as well as an energy company and their officers in connection with matters resulting from short attacks involving regulatory and independent investigations
- Advised the Audit Committee of a NASDAQ-listed company in connection with matters resulting from short attacks involving an independent investigation